When you need help

Help is available for anyone struggling with tragedy

In light of the recent tragedy involving the Humboldt Broncos junior hockey team, we would like to remind health system employees needing support that help is available for both you and your loved ones.

Employee and Family Assistance Program counselling (through Morneau Shepell)

Saskatchewan Health Authority employees and their eligible dependents have 24/7 access to free counselling services through provincial employee and family assistance program (EFAP) provider Morneau Shepell, a leading EFAP service provider. The program provides immediate and confidential help for any work, health, or life concern.

Options include in-person counselling, counselling over the phone, e-counselling, and more.

No one, including your employer, will ever know that you have used the program unless you choose to tell them.

To access EFAP services, visit workhealthlife.com or call 1-844-336-3136 (or TTY at 1.877.338.0275). Morneau Shepell has also launched a national crisis support line that is available to anyone in need of emotional support. Reach the crisis line at 1-844-751-2133.

As well, you may draw on these useful aids:

Licensed psychology services (through 3sHealth)

If you are a health system employee and you qualify for workplace benefits through 3sHealth’s extended health-care plan, you are eligible to receive up to $400 annually for care by a licensed and registered psychologist or social worker. A doctor’s referral is not required. To learn more about this benefit, contact Great-West Life at 1-866-408-0213.