Employee & Family Assistance Program
As a Saskatchewan Health Authority employee, you and your dependent family members have access to a variety of professional support resources and tools under the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) from Shepell.
Shepell is a leading EFAP service provider and offers a wide range of confidential and voluntary support services to assist you and your family with resolving everyday challenges, complex issues, and everything in‐between.
You and your immediate family have access to the EFAP at no cost to you. The EFAP is completely confidential within the limits of the law. No one, including your employer, will ever know that you have used the service unless you choose to tell them.
What’s Available: More counselling options!
You are able to access professional counselling through a variety of methods including in person and telephone counselling, video conferencing and online instant chat (First Chat). These methods provide flexibility in accessing services that suit your preferences, lifestyle and learning style.
What does your EFAP include?
- Short‐term Professional Counselling provides support for personal and emotional issues. Choose from a variety of delivery methods to best suit your comfort level and lifestyle including in‐person, telephone, e‐counselling, First Chat (instant online chat with a counsellor), video, text‐based self‐paced.
- Family Support Services connects you with a Family Support Specialist for personalized assistance with family planning, parenting, childcare, eldercare, homecare support and more.
- Legal Support Services provide consultation with professional lawyers to answer legal questions surrounding divorce, custody, adoption, real estate, debt, bankruptcy, landlord/tenant issues, and more.
- Financial Support Services provide consultation with financial professionals to answer financial questions about budgeting, debt management, tax issues, and more.
- Nutritional Services offers consultation with Registered Dieticians on any nutritional matter concern.
- Health Coaching by Registered Nurses can provide information and advice, coordination and support; and coaching on any health risk or concern.
- Specialized Counselling and Online Programs to assist with career challenges, managing stress, tobacco cessation, enhancing your relationships, separation and divorce, and financial planning.
How Do I Access My EFAP?
- Call the Shepell Care Access Centre toll free at 1-844-336-3136
- Use Online Access (Canada only) via workhealthlife.com:
- For crisis situations requiring immediate attention, call 911 or the Shepell Client Care Access Centre at 1-844-336-3136.
My Migo App
My Migo is a blended counselling modality that connects employees and their eligible dependents to Shepell Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) experts through an app. Together; you will set a goal, create a custom counselling plan, and engage in ongoing support and check-ins to achieve that goal.
My Migo is available for you as a Saskatchewan Health Authority employee, and your eligible dependents. For more information, check out these My Migo FAQs.
To get started with My Migo, call today at 1-844-336-3136 to find out if My Migo is the right counselling support for you.
Traumatic Event Support
Coping with the shock or anxiety of a traumatic event can undermine healthy communities and social relationships at home and at work. The following support resources include strategies for coping with reactions to stress and anxiety.
Remember that the immediate and confidential EFAP services are accessible for Saskatchewan Health Authority staff 24/7/365. workhealthlife.com also features additional information and tips on coping with traumatic events.
Continued Support Following a Traumatic Event – (Sask Health Authority Staff)
The EFAP benefit reflects our continuing commitment to your well-being and privacy. We encourage you to use the EFAP anytime you need it. Call 1-844-336-3136. Visit workhealthlife.com and sign up today for full access to the EFAP services and resources.
Confidentiality and privacy are assured within the limits of the law. Read more on Shepell’s confidentiality practices.