Welcome to the Healthy Workplace Initiative Website!
Welcome to the Healthy Workplace Initiative website and blog. You may have noticed our tag line “moving forward for a healthier organization,” which is just what we intend to do! Our team has been working hard to increase access to resources and services as well as provide up-to-date, relevant and accurate health information to Saskatoon Health Region staff.
With Spring bursting out everywhere you look, it seems the perfect time to reflect on renewal in our own lives. This could mean spring-cleaning our habits, planting some seeds for improving our mental and physical well being, or poking our heads out to take notice and appreciate our colleagues and team members.
We all deserve to work in a healthy, safe, vibrant workplace, and we all share the responsibility of creating such an environment – each one of us as individuals, and leadership at all levels has a role to play. This is a great thing … it means we all have at least some control!
What we can do as individuals and teams is to take care of each other and ourselves. You’ve probably heard the phrase, “you can’t stop the waves but you can learn to surf.” Focusing on our wellbeing supports our ability to be resilient in the face of constant change. With this in mind, we can choose to:
- Pay attention to and care for our own health
- Nurture our relationships and our working environment
- Take positive action where we can
- Acknowledge a job well done – by others, by us!
- Celebrate together – birthdays, holidays, life changes and achievements
- Give thanks and be appreciative
- Look for opportunities to laugh and have fun
- Seek out the good
- Recharge by taking breaks, eating lunch, practicing random or intentional acts of kindness
I invite you to take some time and have a look through this website. Use the comment form on the “Contact Us” page to let us know what you think!
Wishing everyone a healthy and happy Spring!